Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Screw you, Savannah, Georgia. I hate you.


With a passion right now.


So I got a frickin' parking ticket this weekend -- and lemme tell you, folks: I'm innocent. I know, I know, we all are, always. But I really am. Like, to the point where I took photographs and everything of how the car was positioned, what they wrote on the ticket, etc. They leave a little number that says: "you have the right to contest this - call 651-6470, yadda yadda." So I do. (bloody backwards city, you might want to use an area code too.)


And I'm told: "oh, that was an *officer* who left that; we can't do anything. we would have no idea where you were parked."


I tell them: "oh, I do. guess what? It even has the address on this form! and I have photos, too."


I'm still told to call the police.


Oh, and she was a complete bitch about it. She didn't even know the police number (yeah, right) so gave me an info number instead.


Okeedokee then.


So, I call 411 instead, get the Savannah police number, who, in turn, tell me that they have nothing to do with it. And guess who I should call? The number on the ticket. I actually mention that I did go the other route and they were a little dumbfounded that I was directed to them. I'll give them credit: the POs were nice. But they, too, said that there really isn't anything they can do. That I could ask for a court date....but that usually because it's only $15, people just pay it.


Uh-huh. Exactly. What a frickin' scam. Which is what I told her, too. She was actually very nice and kinda agreed with me and said something relating to the fact that it is kind of a ruckus.


But because no one will actually let me talk to someone, I have no way to even ask for a court date.


I hate you, bloody city of Savannah!


Not only that, but if you don't pay within 5 days? You get a $15 fine on top of that. So, yup. It's 4 days ago now - and because I don't live in fucking Savannah - I will now owe $30 for something I didn't do. Because the backasswards city doesn't even have a website you CAN just go pay it at. Oh now. You gotta mail in a fucking check. Who has checks these days?! And, in any case, how the heck is it going to get to another city and processed in 5 days if you're from out of town? (Even PO agreed that was kinda lame)


If I HAD done wrong, I get it. But I didn't. I have about 20 photographs to prove it. But I can't do buttkiss[sic] about it.


Screw you, Savannah. I hope y'all choke on yourselves and your bloody citations.



4 comments:

  1. According to their website you can pay it online. I don't want to spoil a good rant, but I do want to save you $15 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://trident.savannahga.gov/parkingwebpayments/

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOOOOOO!!!! When did you park in Savannah??? ON Sunday, after leaving the island?? Not a great way to end such a great weekend!!! I'm so sorry!!! Boo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way...this is Dianne/Candy/FTO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete