Monday, August 13, 2012

Ten Random Things That Made Me Happy Today


1) Waking up to a fresh-air, non-air-conditioned bedroom because it was finally cool enough to turn it off last night.

2) Ducking into my destination the very moment before the first raindrop hit.

3) Hearing an old song on the radio I hadn't heard for a while and still being able to belt out every word.

4) Receiving a sweet birthday card from a relative who never ceases to put my age in quotes between the printed "Happy" and "birthday;" lest I forget, I guess.

5) That no less than three colleagues wished me an early happy birthday knowing they were going out of town and won't be seeing me again until after it occurs...and I didn't even know they knew it was coming up!

6) A frustrated gentleman who seemed so appreciative and gave me a huge smile and wave when no one else let him into traffic and I did.

7) That it took until today to hear that "Call Me Maybe" song for the first time.

8) The way the O and the G in the Kroger sign smiled at me when I walked in today.

9) When I take a day away from the office, as I did on Friday, that I'm actually shown I was missed and appreciated: even told so.

10) Finding a leftover egg roll in the fridge I thought I had scarfed down Saturday night but was actually hiding in my beer cooler, er, vegetable crisper.

All little things, but when you add them up, it makes for a verra [sic] fine day. And on a Monday even. If there were 11 things on this list, I'd add: the technology, ability, cognizance and chance to be able to do this all again tomorrow, God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment