Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A prime example of why I love my family




I give you, my friends, a conversation that can only happen with my aunt:

Her: So how about that Wisconsin guy that Romney picked for his running mate? You know, Stacy, you won't be getting any social security or medicare or medicaid or anything if they get elected.

Me: Bah! That's okay. The way I live my life, I'm sure I'll never be old enough to collect on any of it anyway.

Her: (laughing) Well, they do say only the good die young.

Me: Exactly!

Her: (pause) You know your Mom and I are the only two left at our age and we're both over 70, right?

Me: Yup. Which should pretty much tell you both how good you are, no?

Pause....

And the next few minutes was just her laughing.

Seriously. My family rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment