Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bedtime is Movie Time for me

I can sympathize but not empathize with those who have insomnia.

I'm one of those English girls who knows the difference between the words. Sympathize means you have my sympathy and support but I've never been there myself. Empathizing means I actually truly understand on that level because I've been there.

And I haven't.

Thank God, the gods, the world, mother nature or whatever that I aven't.
I can fall asleep on a dime.  And dance circles on it even.

When I go off to bed each night I do it with a smile. I never have a problem falling asleep. I can do it in a car. On a plane. Comfortably on a friend's couch I had never been on before.  In a meeting even (shhh! don't tell my boss!). Or in the subway, the bus, the cab. Name it: I can fall asleep anywhere.

Sleep does not elude me. She's actually my friend.

Because I wake up from her with a smile on my face.

--------------------

So I actually crawl into my big comfy bed every night knowing that I will A) fall asleep in about 10 minutes tops and B) have a free movie waiting for me.

Because my dreams are movies. I may not remember them when the alarm clock goes off.
 Guess I'm lucky in that. Thinking about it? I'm surprised I ever get out of bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment