Tuesday, June 22, 2010


“So many people live life searching for happiness but never really find it because they’re so busy looking ahead and forgetting to stay in the moment.”



With my friend Lila’s words in her last blog entry, I am now inspired to actually begin mine. And I mean really begin mine, not pop off a couple entries every couple of months ago and call it a blog.

I just finished following a year of her life as she moved out of Atlanta, westward to Oregon, and have been incredibly envious of her in so many ways. Not for the moving so much (though, oh! That’s a story for another day), but mostly because she had REASON TO WRITE. Oh, was I envious of that! So envious of her! I didn’t have anything to write about. I’m not on an adventure like that! Yeah, yeah, we all get that way. But I’m a writer! I need something to write about!

And as hers drew to a close, that one sentence way deep in her blog was the very bit of flint I needed to start this fire.

So, so simple.

How often do you hear someone say something or read something in a book or hear something in a song and it just got you thinking? This happens to me all the time. So how appropriate was it that her statement became that message to me? Well…damn, I’d say! :)

I’m going to stay exactly in these moments here. I’m happy, folks: don’t get me wrong there. But I’m going to stay exactly in the moment HERE. And use the inspiration around me to try to start this writing thing again.


I already have a few jotted down. Wise words from friends. Idiotic ones from others. A lyric from a song. That sort of thing. You’ll probably find yourselves popping up in these pages, especially if you’re particularly clever or on Facebook an awful lot saying a bunch of clever or idiotic things.

I’m done searching. Out-frickin-standing. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment